My Curamed Curcumin Review – Miracle Or Hype?
It’s time for my Curamed Curcumin review – a product meant to treat chronic inflammation.
So what makes it more special than the rest:
- uses a different version of curcumin
- has a better absorption
- doesn’t need any bioperine
Obviously, these features come for a very high price (almost $50 per bottle).
So is Curamed Curcumin worth all these money? Is it any better than the rest? Or it’s another hyped product?
It’s time to dig deep into this supplement.
Note: This review is based on my experience + opinion on this product.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Versions : There are 3 – either 30, 60 or 120 softgels (for 1, 2 or 4 months).
I will focus on the second one in this review, but they’re identical in all chapters.
Best Actual Price: Around $50 (for the 2 month supply)
Where I Bought It From: Ebay.
However – you can sometimes find a better price on Amazon (especially if you’re from the US).
You can also find it on their official website, but it’s a lot more expensive.
Designed For: Chronic inflammation, according to the label:
- inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid, psoriatic arthritis or gout)
- chronic pain
- swollen joints
Basically – it’s effective for any pain that involves swelling.
On the other hand, I wouldn’t recommend it for pain that isn’t cause by inflammation (like osteoarthritis).
My Rating: 9 out of 10
Worth Buying?: If you afford it – yes.
It’s a great product when it comes to ingredients and effectiveness.
However – it’s not my top recommendation due to its higher price (you can get a product that works the same for less money).
What I Liked About It
- Ingredients have a very better absorption (than regular curcumin)
- No need for bioperine
- Only 1 pill per day
- Works really well in reality (based on my experience)
- One bottle should last for 2 months (but that’s only in theory)
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Pills are pretty large and hard to swallow
- Extremely expensive overall
#1 – Ingredients (9 out of 10)
Honestly, Curamed’s ingredients look pretty good.
However – there’s also a negative side:
- only one active ingredient
- no additional substances
So basically, there’s only curcumin in these pills – nothing else.
Now, I’m not a fan of supplements that have only one ingredient. They’re usually pretty weak.
But that doesn’t seem to be the case here. So let’s take a quick look at Curamed’s ingredients:
1. Proprietary Complex (750 mg)
This is actually BCM-95 curcumin.
So what makes it different from regular curcumin? Here’s the thing:
- more concentrated
- higher quantity of pure curcuminoides
- standardized extract
In other words – BCM-95 needs a lower quantity to get the same effect as regular curcumin.
For instance, 100 mg of BCM-95 could work as well as 300 mg of curcumin. Do you get the point?
Besides, there are 750 mg of BCM-95 in Curamed (with 500 mg of curcuminoides).
Honestly, that’s a very high dose – which is a great advantage.
2. Inactive Ingredients
These substances don’t have any effect for inflammation:
- consistency agents
So they’re actually responsible for the texture of these pills.
One more thing to note is that Curamed’s product is free of gluten, sugar, yeast and several other allergens.
Though I’m don’t really like 1 ingredient products, Curamed Curcumin looks pretty good:
- potent ingredient
- high dose
- uses a better form of curcumin
It’s surely not the best supplement I came across (in terms of ingredients). However, it’s in the top 5.
#2 – How To Take It (8 out of 10)
Here I will try to give you more details about Curamed’s pills and how exactly you should take them.
1. The Schedule
Things look pretty good at this chapter:
- you only need 1 pill per day
- it doesn’t matter at what time you take it
So basically – the label doesn’t mention a lot here, other than that you need just 1 pill per day.
Most turmeric supplements require at least 2 pills everyday, so Curamed’s product has a clear advantage here.
2. The Pills
I have a few complaints here. Curamed doesn’t have regular pills, but softgels.
Normally – they should be easier to swallow (I tried another product with softgels). But that’s not really the case here:
- they’re indeed soft and lighter than most pills
- pretty large dimensions
- hard to swallow
- you need plenty of water
In fact – I had a much harder time swallowing these softgels than usual gelatin pills.
It’s true that you only need 1 pill per day, but keep in mind that these pills aren’t tiny at all.
So if you use this product, I recommend taking the pills with plenty of water.
#3 – How It Works (9 out of 10)
Overall, I was quite satisfied by Curamed’s effect.
So this supplement is surely as good as it claims – there’s no hype of fuss around it. It actually works for real.
1. My Background
I bought this product as an alternative treatment for my rheumatoid arthritis:
- the pain was worst in my hand joints
- I had days when it was bearable
- but other times I had flareups and the pain would get really bad
- on an average, it was about 6 on the pain scale (10 being the highest)
Now – I used to get the best results from turmeric supplements (depending on the brand).
But considering how well Curamed looks, I was expecting a lot from it.
And fortunately, it really did its job.
2. How It Worked
As I said, I was really satisfied with how Curamed worked for my RA.
Here’s how I would sum up its effect:
- I started feeling a change in the second week.
- My morning stiffness would go away in 30-40 minutes.
- Before, it would last up to an hour.
- My hand pain seemed to get slightly better every 3-4 days.
- Things got even better after 1 month.
- My joint pain had gotten from a 6 to about a 4.
- When I finished the bottle, it was about a 3.
- My morning stiffness didn’t disappear completely, but it lasted much less.
After my bottle ran out, I made an effort and ordered another bottle. My pain stayed low, but it didn’t disappear completely.
So in my opinion, that’s the best effect I could get from Curamed’s product.
But getting from a 6 to a 3 in terms of pain is a serious thing.
This is one of the best effects I had from a curcumin supplement, so this product really deserves to be praised.
Curamed really works in terms of relieving inflammation.
However, I would think twice about buying it again/recommending it:
- It wasn’t the only product that worked.
- But it was one of the most expensive.
So I would prefer a supplement that works about the same, but costs half.
#4 – Other Opinions (9 out of 10)
In order to create an unbiased review, I tried looking for other people’s opinions.
Now – there are 2 good news at this chapter:
- You can find lots of real customer reviews on Curamed.
- Most users were satisfied with it.
So let me show you what I found out about Curamed from people’s reviews.
Note: I only considered authentic reviews, not the ones based on general info.
1. What People Say
As I said, most reviews I found were praising this product:
- Some says it really helps arthritis pain.
- Other praise it for its antioxidant benefits.
- There are some who claim it worked in less than 1 week.
- Some praise it because they had no side effects.
So overall – most customers could see an improvement in their pain, which says a lot.
That’s another proof that Curamed’s product is really effective (in case you had any other doubt).
2. Biggest Complaints
Surprisingly, there were just a few complaints on this supplement.
And believe it or not, they weren’t all related to how it works:
- Many people were disappointed by the price.
- They said it’s way too expensive for an average person.
- Only a few complained that it wasn’t effective.
Now – I pretty much agree here. Curamed’s supplement is indeed expensive, but it’s not overpriced.
It has a better absorption than most turmeric supplements, so it’s normal that it also costs higher.
However – its effect isn’t better than ALL turmeric supplements with a regular absorption.
So when it comes to this, people are right – you can get a product that works the same for less money.
Note: Keep in mind that Curamed’s product is meant for 2 months, so it’s not as expensive as it seems.
#5 – Price (8.50 out of 10)
First of all – Curamed’s product may seem really expensive at first sight.
But if you take a closer look, it’s actually not really so.
Why? Because the price depends a lot on the quantity:
- 1 monthly supply costs around $30.
- The 2 months pack is almost $50.
- It costs about $90 for 3 months.
Now – $30 for a monthly supply means about $1 per pill, which isn’t really cheap.
But keep in mind that you’re getting a discount for buying more than 2 bottles.
So based on that, I don’t think $50 for 2 months is that expensive.
It’s not the cheapest supplement I know, but it’s surely not the priciest either.
#6 – Where To Find It (10 out of 10)
There are some other good news at this chapter.
You can buy Curamed’s Curcumin from several retailers, including:
- Terry Naturally’s official website
Now – the question is: Which of these sellers has the lowest price?
Well, to give you a short answer – Amazon:
- the exact price is $48.76 (for 60 pills bottle)
- they have daily sales and discounts
- you might also get free shipping in the US
However, the other websites have some similar prices (about $5 more).
Ebay might also have really low costs, but that depends a lot on the sellers. Plus, you might have to pay shipping taxes.
Therefore, I recommend Amazon in case you want to buy Curamed’s Curcumin.
#7 – FAQs
I will try to answer the top questions you might have about Curamed.
Note: I might repeat something I already mentioned, but it’s easier to notice here.
1. How many pills per day?
Only 1 – Curamed is one of the top turmeric supplements from this point of view.
You can take the pill whenever you want, just make sure you take 1 daily.
2. How long lasts 1 bottle?
It depends on what version you buy. There are 3:
- 3o pills – enough for 1 month
- 60 pills – enough for 2 months
- 120 pills – enough for 4 months
3. Can I take it with other drugs?
It’s recommended to ask your doctor first. Turmeric can interact with certain medicines like:
- blood thinners
If you’re not following a long term treatment, it’s fine.
But if you’re constantly taking other drugs, consulting your doctor first is a must.
4. Are there any side effects?
Compared to NSAIDs, turmeric does the same for inflammation – but it has lower side effects.
So you should at most experience:
- stomach pain
However – Curamed’s Curcumin contains much higher doses than most supplements.
That’s why the risk of experiencing any side effects could be higher.
5. How fast should I notice an effect?
In about a month or 6 weeks. However, there’s no clear info on this – because it really depends:
- I could see a small change after 2 weeks
- other claim they saw an effect in the first week
- while some others said there was no change even after 4 months
So results are really varied, but 6 weeks should be a good period.
#8 – Final Conclusions
I will try to sum up my opinion on Curamed in 3 ideas.
1 – Increased Absorption
This product uses a special form of curcumin – which has a higher absorption.
What exactly does this mean?:
- doesn’t need any bioperine
- the whole quantity is used by your body
- needs a lower dose (compared to regular curcumin)
Basically – 100 mg of BCM-95 might work as well as 300 mg of regular curcumin (these numbers are just some examples).
2 – Satisfied Customers
Most of the reviews I read were positive. In fact, I found just a few users that weren’t satisfied with Curamed:
- it was mostly because of the high price
- for some it didn’t really work
Also – I tried this product myself and I had positive results as well.
It wasn’t the very best turmeric product I tried (because it’s a bit pricey), but it was surely among the top ones.
3 – Might Cause Side Effects
Turmeric can normally cause some side effects in certain people – but that happens quite rarely.
- Curamed’s product is pretty concentrated
- so it contains a higher dose than usual
For this reason – there could be a higher risk for side effects, compared to other products.
I personally didn’t experience any, so it’s not a must.
But you should keep this in mind and be ready, in case you experience any.
My Verdict – Is Curamed Worth Buying?
Short answer: Definitely – as long as you afford it.
- It’s a great product in terms of effectiveness.
- If you have an inflammatory pain, it will surely help (at least partially)
- However, it also costs enough money.
If you’re willing to spend so much on it – that’s great.
If you’re not, I can recommend you something cheaper that worked as well in my case.
Would I buy Curamed again?: Probably not, but just because I have a cheaper alternative.
Truth is – Curamed’s softgels aren’t my favorite ones because of their large size, but I could skip that.
However, I prefer to get the cheapest product that works well for me – and it’s not Curamed.
Now – the supplement I recommend instead doesn’t have such amazing ingredients:
- contains regular curcuminoides + bioperine
- there’s no BCM-95 curcumin.
But in my case – it always had a great effect, so that’s what I prefer to use (for less money).