Best 7 Joint Supplements For Knees That I Tried (2020 Guide)
Finding a cure for your knee pain is far from simple. I’ve tried to find a solution for almost 15 years. And if you’re in the same situation, you’re in the best place.
Today I want to show you the best 7 joint supplements for knees. I’ve tried each of them and they all provided a certain relief. So whether you choose the best or the less good one, it’s up to you.
But if you want to get the very best, here it is.
My #1 Recommendation – Turmeric Plus
So here’s the deal:
Turmeric Plus remains my favorite supplement when it comes to knee pain. Though the first 2 supplements are really close, I chose Turmeric Plus as #1 because it has some minor advantages:.
But compared to other turmeric products, this one is way better:
- it’s cheapter
- its ingredients are more pure
- my pain started getting better after only 3 days, which is super fast
- it works much better overall
So Turmeric Plus is the cheapest turmeric supplement that really worked. That’s a major reason why I recommend it.
Price: $23.95 on paper, but you can get it for about $16 per bottle (I’ll tell you how to do that below).
Best For: Knee pain caused by inflammation, rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis and gout
See also: Turmeric Plus – My Full Review
- Best pain reliever for my RA chronic pain
- Works really fast and on the long term (I didn’t get that decreasing effect after a while)
- Natural ingredients
- This 3 ingredients combination works best for me
- Affordable price
- You have to take it twice per day
- Most reviews are praising it
- I can guarantee for its pain relieving effect
- Not available on big online shops, only on the official site
- Shipping isn’t included (around $4)
How to buy it cheaper: You can get one bottle for almost $16 instead of $24. Use my coupon code FIVE$61404893 to get 5% off. If you buy a larger package, you get 1 free bottle + about $10 off. So the final price is around $16 per bottle, which is really cheap. That’s the trick I always use.
#2 – ProJoint Plus
So here’s the thing:
This supplement is my #1 choice for knee pain caused by osteoarthritis. If you have cartilage problems, it’s also my top pick.
Basically, it contains everything to repair and protect the knees and their joints:
- cartilage rebuilders
- even anti-inflammatory
So if your knee pain is caused by any other thing than inflammation, ProJoint Plus is the thing I recommend.
I’ve tried it myself, and I’ve been using it ever since:
- It decreased my OA pain
- It also improved my flexibility, which used to terrible
- In fact, it was one of the few products that could do that.
But there’s one major reason why I recommend it – it’s one of the few products that contains glucosamine sulfate, not HCl.
I actually think it’s the cheapest one. This ingredient is what really makes the difference.
Price: $29.95, but you can get it for about $19 (follow my advice from below)
Best For: Knee osteoarthritis or weakened joints (not caused by inflammation)
See also: ProJoint Plus – My Full Review
- Best product ever for my OA knee pain
- Classic ingredients, but in higher doses than other supplements
- Decreased my OA knee pain in less than one week (4 days I think)
- The effect lasted as long as I took the pills, maybe a week later too
- Strengthened my joints too, besides treating my pain
- Lots of positive reviews
- A bit expensive ($29)
- I couldn’t find a lot of authentic reviews online
How to get a better price: Here’s how you can buy this supplement for about $19 per bottle, instead of $29. First, use my code ST8271NS82B for 5% off. Then buy a larger package, because you get one bottle for free and $11 off. That’s what I usually do. In this way, you end up paying $19 per bottle, which is probably the cheapest supplement of this type.
#3 – Joint Advantage Gold
It may not work as fast, but the effect should be pretty close. Here’s how it worked in my case:
- the knee pain started decreasing after a week or so
- the relief wasn’t incredibly fast
- but it was definitely way above the average
However, its main downside remains the price, which is $10 higher than its competitor.
Considering it doesn’t have a better and longer effect, it’s not my top recommendation. You can get the same effect for a lower price, that’s why.
But when it comes to relieving pain, Joint Advance Gold remains a pretty good choice.
Price: $49.49, but the brand has different promotions on their website. Anyway, you wouldn’t get it anywhere for less than $40
Best For: Chronic knee pain, especially caused by inflammation (but decreases OA pain too)
- Works faster than most (1 week)
- Really effective for both RA and OA
- Very original ingredients, I haven’t seen them in any other supplement
- Besides the classic ingredients, there’s also a mix of Australian herbs that seems to be really effective
- A lot of positive reviews about it (I rarely saw something negative)
- More expensive than most supplements
#4 – Joint & Bone Essentials
- vitamin D
This is a formula I personally have not seen before.
Now, this supplement does work, but it took me about a month to see a small improvement.
If you have patience to use it for several months, you will surely notice a big improvement on the long term.
It’s not meant to treat the pain, but the unhealthy joints. It’s like treating the cause, not the pain.
If it sounds too good to be true, there’s also a downside. This product costs about $40, which is almost twice as most of the products from this list. Is it really worth the price? If you ask me, not necessarily.
Best For: Knee Osteoarthritis
- Unique combination of ingredients – calcium, glucosamine and vitamin D (plus others less important)
- Treats the swollen joints on the long term
- Also promises to help the bones, not just the joints
- Most reviews I read were quite positive
- It takes a very long time until you see an improvement in your pain (more than a month)
- 4 capsules per day, which is way too much if you ask me
- No classic ingredients like chondroitin (which is very helpful)
- Pretty expensive
- Contains traces of milk and eggs, so it’s not recommended to people allergic to these substances (there are many)
#5 – Omega 3 Joint Relief
This supplement is based on 3 substances:
- Calamarine – a fish oil I personally never heard about
- Turmacin – a turmeric extract that is easier to absorb by our bodies
But when it comes to relieving pain, this supplement isn’t the best.
Unlike the previous one, it’s not a product for a long term relief, but it still doesn’t produce a fast relief. It does work, but you have to be patient.
You need to take it for about 3 weeks to notice an improvement.
Another thing I don’t like about it is the price, which is pretty high too ($40).
It is a supplement worth buying, but only when it comes to pain relief. The price is much higher than the average.
Best For: General knee pain, especially the one caused by inflammation
- Some unique ingredients that really work (Calamarine oil, collagen mix and Turmacin)
- They say it improves pain in 71% of the cases
- It does relieve the pain, up to 4 numbers on the pain scale
- Also has some heart benefits (but I don’t know much about that topic, so check the official site)
- You only have to take it twice per day
- It take a few weeks until you start noticing a relief in pain
- It’s very expensive for what it does
- The ingredients don’t have many studies behind, so this formula may not be as good for everyone
#6 – Schwartz’s Turmeric Curcumin
Though it’s one of the most popular supplements on Amazon, Schwartz’s product isn’t the best you can get.
It is a very good supplement, but it’s much under the top 5.
And that’s especially when it comes to relieving pain. It does bring relief, but it doesn’t have the same long lasting effect.
However, one of its biggest advantages is that it’s cheaper than most products. We’re only talking about a few dollars less, but that can make a difference for some.
So I wouldn’t necessarily recommend you this supplement, because there are better choices above. But if budget is essential for you, you might want to check it out.
Best For: Inflammatory knee pain
- You can notice an improvement in pain in about 2 weeks
- It also works for morning stiffness, though it doesn’t take it away completely
- Each ingredients has higher doses than in most supplements (that’s a good thing)
- There’s a money back guarantee
- It’s one of the cheapest supplements I’ve seen
- The ingredients are pretty natural and there are no traces of gluten or sweeteners
- It doesn’t control the pain as well as the first 2 (I mean it didn’t decrease my pain as much as they did)
- It takes about 2 weeks until you notice an effect
- Don’t take 3 pills once a day, as the label says. Try to take one thrice a day and you will get a much better pain relief
- It can produce nausea if you take it without food (that’s not written on the label)
#7 – Zenwise Joint Support
Though it’s a very popular supplement, Zenwise doesn’t make miracles in relieving pain.
It comes with a classic formula that includes:
- Boswellia extract
- The bonus ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, which is pretty unusual for a joint product
Zenwise does relieve the pain, and it does it pretty fast. It only took me about 2 weeks to notice an improvement, and that’s a short period.
However, it doesn’t decrease the pain too much, and I’m talking about intensity. No matter how long I took the pills, my pain didn’t decrease more than 5 (I had about a 7 before).
The good news is that it’s a pretty affordable supplement.
However, I would still not recommend it, just because there are better options available. Overall, it’s not a bad product at all.
Best For: General Knee Pain
- The ingredients are pretty classic, there are no uncommon substances (except Hyaluronic Acid, but that’s in a pretty small dose)
- I needed about 2 weeks to notice a change in my pain
- It has a lot of good reviews
- The price is pretty affordable for everyone
- There’s a money back guarantee as well
- It doesn’t reduce the pain as much as it should (I only went two numbers below on the pain scale)
- The pills are larger than most and pretty hard to swallow
- You have to take 3 pills per day, which makes it even harder
So What Makes A Good Supplement For Knee Pain?
Each of these 7 supplements above are different. Some stick to the traditional substances, while others come in with new formula of unique ingredients. Which side is better?
If you ask me, I would say it’s somewhere in the middle. Just look at the top of this list. The leading supplements both contains classic substances, know for their benefits in joint pain.
However, they also bring in one or two new ingredients, that are less famous.
And that’s exactly the secret behind their efficiency.
It’s mixing traditional stuff with a modern ingredient. In this way, you will surely get the benefits of classic therapy, in the worst case. But you should also benefit from the new combination, that is usually better than expected.
So if you need an advice, always go for supplements that have at most two new ingredients. In the worst case scenario, it’s like taking a classic joint pain drug. But in the normal scenario, you should be getting a much better relief.
So What’s The Best Knee Supplement?
In my opinion, a good supplement should contains classic ingredients and one or two new substances, that you don’t see in any drug.
It also depends what kind of supplements you prefer. You may trust herbal remedies, so you would probably like a natural-based product, or you can prefer non-herbal substances that are famous for joint pain. Either way, these 7 products are different enough to cover any taste.
So it’s up to you what you choose.
What’s your favorite supplement? Have you tried any of these 7? Let me know your answer in a comment and I will reach out to you.