Australian Dream VS Blue Emu – Which Is Better?
Are you looking for a quality cream for arthritis? It’s time to compare 2 of my top choices – Australian Dream vs Blue Emu.
Now – these 2 products have a lot of similar points:
- starting with the positive reviews
- and ending with their effectiveness
Let’s take a look at each of their aspects – and pick the best winner.
#1 – Ingredients – WINNER: Australian Dream
When it comes to what it contains, Australian Dream is way better. Why? Its ingredients are more powerful – compared to Blue Emu.
But let’s take a quick look at each cream.
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – it contains only 1 active ingredient:
- histamine dihydrochloride (0.05%)
Now – this substance is very powerful, compared to other stuff like menthol or camphor:
- It can relieve the pain all alone.
- Plus, it’s FDA approved – which is very rare.
And one more thing – its doses are clearly mentioned, which is a great plus. Very few creams are honest from this point of view.
2. BLUE EMU – though it contains a lot more ingredients, there’s no dose for any. So I will mention the top ones:
Now – except the emu oil, the other substances aren’t extremely effective when applied on the skin. But that’s not all:
- There are more than 20 substances in total
- The doses aren’t mentioned for any
So you can’t really tell how much Emu Oil you have inside. Maybe you have a very low dose – but it still counts as an ingredient.
Do you see what I mean? That’s what I don’t like about Blue Emu.
Australian Dream has much better ingredients.
Though there’s only 1 substance – it’s extremely powerful (compared to regular ingredients from creams).
Plus, they clearly mention the doses and the inactive ingredients. While in Blue Emu – you can’t even tell the dose of Emu Oil.
#2 – Texture – WINNER: Both
From this point of view, the creams are pretty equal:
- don’t stick to your hands
- very light consistency
- no smell
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – it’s probably the perfect cream in terms of how it looks.
Besides, the features I mentioned above – it also has something particular:
- doesn’t irritate or burn the skin at all
- you get no itchy feeling after applying it
So there’s nothing I could criticize about this product in terms of how it looks – I wish every cream was like it.
2. BLUE EMU – I’m also pretty satisfied with its texture.
There’s only one thing I didn’t really like (but it’s a personal preference):
- it has a blue color
- this makes me think it has some coloring agents
Now – that’s not a real problem, it’s just something I personally don’t like. Since Emu Oil isn’t blue (as far as I know), this cream might have some synthetic additives inside.
I couldn’t pick a winner in terms of consistency.
Both Australian Dream and Blue Emu are easy to apply, rinse and great to use overall.
#3 – How Fast It Works – WINNER: Australian Dream
Truth is – both creams work really good overall.
But Australian Dream is much quicker – at least in my case. So let’s analyze them by turn:
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – my pain got better from the first try:
- it needed about 5-10 minutes to work
- I noticed that depends on how much cream I applied
- a thicker layer worked in about 7 minutes
- but a thin layer also relieved my pain pretty soon
So Australian Dream is the kind of cream that works instantly.
Obviously, the effect doesn’t last a lot – but that’s another story that I will discuss later on.
2. BLUE EMU – even though it’s really potent, in my case it wasn’t that fast:
- I needed about 3-4 days to feel a big improvement
- in the first days, there was no change
- so in my case, I think it needed to accumulate in the tissues first
Once those 3 days were gone, its effect was really intense.
But if you need something that works immediately – I’m not sure this is the right product. At least based on how it worked for me.
They both work really well, but Australian Dream is faster.
So I would probably recommend it more for someone who needs a relief within minutes. With Blue Emu, I think you need to wait a bit more.
#4 – Effect – WINNER: Blue Emu
To be honest, I will have to be subjective at this chapter. And truth is – these 2 creams are really close in terms of intensity.
So here’s the 3 things I consider here:
- How long lasts the effect
- How many times you have to reapply the cream daily
- Whether it numbs the pain or just decreases it
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – I was pretty satisfied:
- it decreased my pain from a 6 to about a 4
- the effect lasted for about 4 hours
- it didn’t numb the area where I applied it
- so I would have to reapply it about 5 times per day
Now – this cream didn’t decrease my arthritis pain completely. But getting from a 6 to a 4 isn’t a minor thing.
So overall, I wasn’t disappointed by it.
2. BLUE EMU – in my opinion, it was better at this chapter:
- after the 3-4 days, it decreased my pain to around a 3
- the effect was similar to Australian Dream (around 4 hours)
- also, it only decrease my pain – it didn’t numb all the affected area
Overall, it was slightly better because it had a more intense effect. At least in my case, that’s how it was.
The effect is pretty much the same for both creams. Blue Emu worked a bit better overall, which is why I picked it as the winner.
But compared to other creams, they’re both really good.
However, things may be different for someone else – so at this chapter, Blue Emu is just my personal pick.
#5 – Forms – WINNER: Blue Emu
At this chapter, I will look at 2 major aspects:
- the different sizes available for each cream
- how many forms it has
Even though both creams are pretty close, I think they have several differences here.
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – here’s how you can find it:
- it comes in 2 different forms: one for back pain + one for arthritis
- there are 3 sizes available – 2, 4 or 9 oz
Now – the only difference is that the back pain form is more concentrated. On the other hand, the arthritis form has a lower dose.
So I always recommend people to get the back pain form – no matter what kind of pain they have.
2. BLUE EMU – it’s more versatile at this chapter:
- more than 5 different forms
- this includes: general pain relieving cream, arthritis cream, foot therapy, spray, etc.
- the cream has 2 sizes: 4 or 12 oz
Now – there are some differences between the 5 forms. But they mostly use the same ingredients and doses.
Blue Emu is the winner when it comes to forms and sizes.
You can find more types of Blue Emu cream – compared to Australian Dream, that only has 2.
#6 – Price – WINNER: Blue Emu
When it comes to price, things are easy.
But in my opinion – both of these creams are slightly overpriced. So let me tell you exactly what I mean:
1. AUSTRALIAN DREAM – depending on the size you choose, here’s what it costs:
- $23.65 for the 2 oz size
- $44.75 for the 9 oz one
- the 4 oz size is somewhere in between ($28.41)
- these are the prices for the back pain form
- the arthritis form is a bit more expensive (ironically, since it’s less concentrated)
So these prices are pretty high – $24 for a tiny bottle of 2 oz is way too much, in my opinion. But they are the lowest I could find for this cream.
2. BLUE EMU – it doesn’t cost as much as the other one, but it’s still pricey:
- around $15 for the 4 oz size
- $34.78 for the 12 oz version
Now – compared to Australian Dream, these prices seems a lot more affordable for everyone.
They could be lower – considering it’s a cream, but even so.
The prices of Blue Emu are much better: $35 for 12 oz vs $45 for 9 oz (Australian Dream).
So I think you can tell which is more affordable on the long term.
My Verdict – Australian Dream Or Blue Emu?
Short answer: Probably Blue Emu – since it has a better price and works slightly better.
However, Australian Dream is pretty close – that’s why it remains one of my favorite creams ever.
But there’s one thing you should know – if you have arthritis or a chronic pain, I wouldn’t recommend any of them:
- they work just on the outside
- only relieve the pain, without treating the cause
- if you stop using them – the pain comes back immediately
- on the long term, this will probably worsen your problem
That’s why I don’t recommend creams as a treatment for arthritis. At least – not alone.
Instead, you should definitely try a supplement:
- they treat both the cause and the pain
- work on the inside
- much better on the long term
- cheaper overall
So if you have a minor pain, either Blue Emu or Australian Dream will do. But for a serious affection, I advise you to go for a supplement.