My Review: Super Joint Enhancer – The #1 Remedy For Dog Arthritis
It’s time to review Super Joint Enhancer, a supplement that I truly recommend for any dog that suffers from arthritis or joint pain. In fact, it’s probably the best product for dog joint pain that I know.
Its ingredients have great doses, you can find lots of positive reviews about well it works, plus that it’s pretty cheap compared to others. Besides, it’s a bestseller among joint pain products.
So if I had to recommend only one product for your dog’s pain, it would surely be this one.
But let me tell you exactly why it’s such a special supplement.
Note: I have arthritis for a long while so I tried lots of supplements for humans. At this point, I can really tell the difference between a great and a weak product very easily, based on several factors. So I will try to show you why this supplement is better than the rest. But I will also point out the things I didn’t like about it, because I want my review to be unbiased so that you can judge fairly.
So Let’s Get To The Review
Quantity : 120 chewable tablets
Best Actual Price: $33.39
Best Place To Buy It: PetMeds.com because it’s their official website and they have a lot of discounts and coupons
Designed For: Any race of dogs with joint pain or arthritis. It only depends of their weight, as larger dogs need 2 pills per day
My Rating: 9.75 out of 10
Worth Buying?: I would definitely buy it. Compared to other products, it’s really cheap and it has some really good ingredients inside. In my opinion, they have the #1 ingredient list among joint supplements for dogs. Besides, this product is a bestseller and it has lots of positive reviews, so you can see for yourself that it’s really effective.
What I Liked About It
- Great ingredients inside, especially because of the doses they have
- The glucosamine/chondroitin ratio is just perfect, in my opinion
- 2 versions available: chewable tablets (which I’m focusing on in this review) and bite-size chews. They have the same ingredients in the same doses, and I recommend the chews if you can’t make your dog eat the tables (though that shouldn’t be an issue because they are specially flavored). The chews are a bit more expensive overall, that’s why I prefer the tablets
- Really relieves joint pain, even on the long term
- Works faster than most supplements (3-4 weeks at most, but even faster)
- Bestseller among joint supplements, so that says a lot
- Pretty affordable overall, compared to other supplements that have similar ingredients
What I Didn’t Like About It
- Tablets are a bit harder to take than the chews, because you might have to cut them into 2 if you have a smaller dog (take a look on the label and you will understand what I’m talking about)
- You have to double the dose in the first 6 weeks to get the best effect (it’s not as complicated as it seems, but it might seem so at first)
PRO #1 – Great Doses Of Ingredients
Ingredients are probably the most important part of any supplement. If you really want to know whether a product works or not, that’s what you have to check out. I always do that, and it gives me a clue immediately.
But in my opinion, this supplement’s ingredient list is the best one among joint products for dogs. Each substance has optimal dose, they’re not too high nor too low. Let me tell you about each:
– Glucosamine HCl (500 mg) – it’s the best substance for arthritis, both in humans and in dogs. It rebuilds cartilages and strengthens the unhealthy joints
– Chondroitin sulfate (400 mg) – it does pretty much the same as glucosamine, but they work much better together than alone. I think this dose of chondroitin is just perfect for a dog (that’s one of the reasons why it’s my #1 recommendation – I’ll explain below)
– MSM (100 mg) – this is a natural substance that works as an anti-inflammatory. It’s really useful for humans, but dogs don’t need it as much because they don’t suffer from inflammation as badly (they usually have osteoarthritis, where there’s no big inflammation). So these 100 mg are enough, in my opinion
– Ascorbic Acid (33 mg) – this is actually vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant. This means it fight oxidative stress, which causes joint damage especially to older dogs. So it’s a really valuable substance if your dog isn’t really young
– Manganese (5 mg) – combined with glucosamine and chondroitin, this mineral can attenuate the symptoms from arthritis and helps damaged cartilages. 5 mg sound really little, but that’s not far from the daily dogs of this mineral for dogs
Conclusion: In my opinion, these ingredients look just perfect. The doses of glucosamine and chondroitin are great because they are very similar, 100 mg of MSM is enough for dogs, there’s an antioxidant and those few mg of managanese are on the long term.
So that’s the kind of supplement I would recommend for dogs that deal with joint pain. Judging after what it contains, it’s impossible not to work.
PRO #2 – Perfect Ratio Glucosamine/Chondroitin
That’s probably the #1 reason why I recommend PetMeds’ supplement instead of others.
According to several pet websites and reviews I read, the dose of glucosamine and chondroitin should be pretty close to get the best results.
I haven’t found any official study on this topic, so I can’t 100% guarantee for this. But lots of sources said this thing and it really makes sense.
Glucosamine is great for rebuilding damaged cartilages, but it works much better when combined with chondroitin. That’s because chondroitin increases its effect, so the more chondroitin, the better the final effect. So logically speaking, they would be most effective in similar doses.
But unfortunately, I haven’t found too many supplements with close doses. Most had about 500 mg of glucosamine and only 200-250 of the chondroitin. A supplement like this would surely work, but I doubt it would be as effective as one with a close ratio.
So Pet Med’s product was one of the few with 500 mg of glucosamine and 400 of chondroitin. Many pet websites stated this as being the perfect ratio and I pretty much agree. For an average dog, this is the perfect dose, there’s no point giving him more. In case he’s larger, 2 pills would mean 1000 mg of glucosamine, which is sometimes enough even for humans.
So on paper, these doses look just perfect. But what about in reality?
PRO #3 – It Really Works (And Pretty Fast)
Pet Meds’ supplement is one of the best products for dog joint pain. In my opinion, it’s the #1, but I want to be objective this time and give you real facts. It may seem good on paper, but it’s also effective in reality. It works for both arthritic pain and chronic joint pain, that doesn’t necessarily have a clear diagnosis.
But if you want some real evidence, here they are:
- Hundreds of positive reviews. It’s not just me saying that it works, it’s the large number of good reviews, opinions and forum discussions that I found about this supplement. There’s no surprise that so many people gave it 5 stars
- Very little negative stuff. I haven’t found too many negative reviews about it. And don’t imagine that I only checked out one website. However, at one point I managed to get some negative things about it, but they were pretty biased.
What do I mean? Well, the very few customers who didn’t give it 5 stars complained about the damaged packing, the shipping or similar things, that didn’t have much to do with how it works. So I don’t know if I should count them in.
- Works faster than most. That’s one of the top things I liked about it. According to the label, your dog should start to feel an improvement in 3-4 weeks at most, but it could happen much sooner. Compared to most of the other products (that need about 4-6 weeks), this is really fast.
- Bestseller. If you think that all these were subjective evidence, here’s an unbiased one: Super Joint Enhancer is the bestseller of Pet Meds, which isn’t really a minor company. So in my opinion, this tells a lot about this supplement.
So I think these are all pretty solid arguments why this supplement isn’t just another take-your-money product. I personally view it as the best product for dogs’ arthritis, so it’s my top recommendation.
PRO #4 – Also Chews
The only downside I could find about this supplement is that it comes as chewable tablets. But that’s not even too bad, because they aren’t like regular tablets, so your dog doesn’t have to swallow them whole. But I will tell you more on that a bit later.
However, this is one of the few supplements that has 2 different forms: besides the tablets, there are also bite-sized chews that look like dog food. So in case you really can’t make your dog eat the tablets (though I doubt it), you can try the chews.
They contain the same ingredients, the same doses but maybe they’re a bit more practical. That’s because there are 3 different versions depending on weight, so you can buy the right directly (instead of dividing a tablet into 2 or anything of the kind).
If you make the counts, the chews are probably a bit more expensive, but the difference is around $5. Tablets are my first recommendation, but if you think the chews are more comfortable for your dog, it’s totally fine. They both do basically the same.
PRO #5 – Pretty Affordable
Do you need any other reason why I really like Pet Med’s supplement? If you do, take a look at its price.
Yes, it’s surely not the cheapest supplement you can ever get, but you can’t say it’s expensive either. Compared to Dasuquin, it’s a lot cheaper and it has some better ingredients as well.
So you basically have to pay $34 for 120 tablets, which is around $o.28 per pill. To me, that doesn’t sound expensive at all. Besides, one bottle lasts around 2 months on the average. Obviously, it depends mostly of your dog’s weight, but if he’s not heavier than 100 lbs, one bottle will be enough for about 2 months.
There are indeed some cheaper supplements, but most of them don’t have such good ingredients, nor so many recommendations. So I really think this supplement is definitely worth $34. I think it’s a very good price, considering the weaker supplements cost as much as this.
CON #1 – Different Way To Take It
There weren’t many things I didn’t like about this product, but I tried to find one so that you can see that it’s not totally perfect. After all, no supplement I tried is.
I personally don’t like the fact that you have to double the dose in the first weeks and then get back to the usual dose. That’s pretty confusing, in my opinion.
So they have a standard dose on the label, depending on your dog’s weight. That’s another complicated thing, but every dog supplement has this system, so I can’t complain. It’s not as simple as in humans, where they say clearly how many pills you have to take.
But under the dose scheme, there’s a paragraph where they say “Double the amount above for the first 6 weeks and reduce over 3 weeks to the recommended maintenance dosage”. That’s pretty complicated in my opinion, because you have to calculate the right dose depending on your dog’s weight, but you also have to multiply it by 2 afterwards.
So it’s pretty complicated at first. It’s not the worst thing ever, but I believe they could have simplified things a bit. That’s my only objection when it comes to this supplement.
My Final Verdict – It’s Really Worth The $34
If I had to recommend only one product for dog joint pain, I would probably choose Super Joint Enhancer.
It has great ingredients, lots of positive reviews and recommendations, it works pretty fast (compared to others) and it’s not very expensive. And last but not least, it’s a bestseller, so it can’t be any bad.
I haven’t found a product that is very close to it overall, so that’s why it’s my #1 recommendation. Its simply does a lot more than others, in every chapter.
So in my opinion, it’s the most worth it supplement for your dog. If any product can relieve his pain, it’s surely this one.
But you don’t have to take my word for granted. There are lots of customer reviews on its official website, but don’t worry, they are all authentic. Pet Meds is a serious company, so I checked out and they allow each of their customers to leave a review, no matter if it’s positive or negative. Something like Amazon, but on a smaller scale because they only have pet-related products.
So if you want to hear some other opinions, I really suggest you to do it. As for me, this is the best supplement for any kind of joint pain in dogs.